Chillish® Cheese Straws with Sesame seeds
Chillish® and Cheese are a match made in heaven. Throw in some puff pastry and you have one of the most decadent, dreamy and delicious works of art. The Chillish® addition to this timeless classic, works beautifully.
This recipe makes approx. 6 Straws.
320g ready rolled pastry
100g Sussex Charmer Cheese
3 tbsp Chillish® Gubbins (well drained)
2 tbsp black & white Sesame seeds
1 tbsp. plain flour (for dusting)
1 beaten egg (to glaze)
Chopped Parsley (Garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan180C/Gas 6. Line a large oven tray with parchment/baking paper.
- On a well floured surface, roll out the pastry into a long oblong. When it is approx. 3mm thick, cut it down the middle (in to two equal pieces).
- Using the back of a spoon, smear the Gubbins all over one of the squares, then sprinkle the Sussex Charmer Cheese and 30g of Parmesan on top, followed by a generous sprinkle of Sesame seeds.
- Next, carefully place the other square over the top. Lightly pressing down, trim the edges to get a smooth and equal shape.
- Using a very sharp knife, slice the ‘pastry sandwich’ into strips (approximately 2cm wide).
- Holding the ends of each strip, twist the pastry until you have a corkscrew shape. Place on a baking tray.
- Lightly brush with a beaten egg and sprinkle another generous tablespoon of sesame seeds and the remaining Parmesan over the top. Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until they are golden brown.
- Garnish with Chopped Parsley