Garlish® is wonderfully unique and made in Sussex. The sweet flavourful mixture of garlic, caramelised shallots, and subtle spices, gently infuse the oil with a delicious, rich and garlicy taste. Made only with natural products and award winning, locally sourced Extra Virgin Rapeseed Oil, it is safe to use when cooking at high temperatures such as stir fry or BBQ’s. Garlish® is vegan and without any preservatives or added nasties!
Totally versatile and all about Garlic
Whether you use your oil and garlic crush separately, or prefer to shake the jar to combine the two, Garlish® will inspire you to ‘create’ and add a culinary twist to your meals. You can be subtle or add a real garlicy kick, but if you really savour the taste of garlic, Garlish® will work for you on your meats or vegetables, in salads or as a dip, with none of the fiddly chopping first.
So how will you use your Garlish®? Here are some of our favourites:
- Toss over potato wedges or roast potatoes before roasting
- Use the oil to fry mince or Quorn
- Sauté fresh vegetables i.e. Green beans or broccoli
- Delicious if used for frying mushrooms
- Blend with pizza dough for an amazing base
- Shake to combine the oil and crush and drizzle over pizza
- Add a flavoursome twist to seafood soups and broths i.e. bouillabaisse
- Drizzle over antipasti
- Perfect for use as a salad dressing on its own or add to salad vinaigrette
- Serve with a crusty baguette and use as dipping oil, or add the crush to a warm ciabatta to make a spectacular garlic bread.
- Tomato or cream based dishes i.e. Arrabiata or Moules Marinere)
- Mashed potatoes
- Fresh pasta or rice
- Combine with hot risotto
- Blend with marinades, dips and spreads
- Wilted Spinach
As A Marinade:
- Use to infuse Olives
- Rub in to a lamb joint or steaks a few hours before roasting or BBQ-ing
*Tip: Do not stir fry or BBQ the garlic crush as burnt garlic will leave a bitter taste. Use the oil only at high heats and then mix in the crush to increase the garlic seasoning when removed from the very high heat.
Fascinating facts about Garlic!
We all know that garlic is famous for staving off evil spirits, and protecting us from vampires, but did you know…..
- There are over 300 varieties of garlic grown throughout the world
- The smell of garlic can be removed from the fingers by running your hands under cold water while rubbing a stainless steel object
- Garlic is known to repel insects such as mosquitoes, mites and fleas and if your rose garden is being attacked by aphids, spritz the leaves and blooms with a mixture of crushed garlic and water to ward them off.
- A garlic clove is actually considered both a vegetable and an herb?
- Garlic has many medicinal properties. It is believed to ward off heart disease, cancer, colds, and flu and was once used to treat acne, warts, and toothaches. And in the Middle Ages it was reputed to have been highly effective against the plague.