Chillish® & Sussex Charmer Bites
These are quite simply, delicious. Sussex Charmer is a wonderful match as it is smooth enough not to overpower the rich flavors of Chillish®, yet it is creamy and decadent.
These are quick to make and you can substitute the bread for mini French stick slices or a gluten/wheat free alternative.
This recipe makes between 15 – 20 depending on how many discs each slice of sourdough gives you.
½ tsp Chillish® Gubbins per Canape
50g Sussex Charmer Cheese (grated)
A good quality Sourdough loaf (sliced)
Chives (to garnish)
You will need: A cookie cutter (or a Champagne glass)
- Preheat the Grill to 200c.
- In batches, toast five slices of Sourdough bread. When nicely toasted and firm, place on a chopping board and cut as many discs as you can. Place these on a baking tray.
- Place ½ a teaspoon of well-drained Gubbins on each bread disc, then lightly sprinkle with Sussex Charmer Cheese.
- Place under the grill for 1 minute, until the cheese has melted.
- Serve hot, on a platter with a few generous crunches of black pepper and any remaining grated cheese.
- Garnish with a few strands of Chive.