Just the Crush® Leg of Lamb with Rosemary and Orange
This quick recipe is easy and delicious. It is perfect for a gathering and looks the part!
3 tbsp Just the Crush®
1 Leg of Lamb (approx. 1.8kg)
50g Salted butter (refrigerated)
Bunch of Rosemary
Juice from 2 Oranges
Zest of 2 Oranges
1-2 tsp Salt
Black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 5, 375ºF (190ºC).
- Place the Lamb on a baking tray and make a number of incisions all over.
- Zest and squeeze the oranges and drizzle both over the top, ensuring as much goes in to the holes as possible.
- Cut the butter into thin sticks and pack the holes. This can be a bit fiddly but it is worth it!
- Smother the leg in Just the Crush®, season with the salt and pepper, then put a stick of rosemary into each hole.
- Place in the oven for 1hr 15mins, basting every 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cover in foil and set aside to rest for 30 minutes. Cover the foil with a couple of tea towels to keep the heat in.
To Serve: Using a very sharp knife, slice in the direction of the fibers and drizzle with a tablespoon of pan juices. Enjoy!