Just the Gubbins® Con Carne
This recipe is full of flavour and packs a punch. Simply serve on a bed of fluffy white Basmati rice and a large dollop of sour cream.
500g Lean Beef Mince (10-15% fat)
2 tbsp Just the Gubbins®
400g Can of red Kidney beans
1 large Onion
1 large red pepper cut into strips
2 tbsp oil
3 tbsp Tomato Puree
1-2 tsp Salt & black pepper
1 tbsp flour
150ml Red Wine
100ml x Beef Stock
Large handful of fresh Basil leaves (save 4 leaves for garnish).
- On a high heat, fry the Beef in batches, until browned, then remove and set aside to rest.
- Lower the heat and add the oil and diced onion to the pan.
- Once the onions are translucent and sweet smelling, re-add the beef, together with the wine and stock.
- Turn the heat up and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Then, lowering the heat again, stir in the flour, Just the Gubbins®, Red Pepper, Tomato Puree, salt and pepper.
- Simmer on a low heat for 40 minutes covering loosely with a lid.
- When the mince is tender and the sauce is thick, add the drained kidney beans and chopped basil.
- Simmer for a further 20 minutes.
Note – Good quality mince is important for this dish! You can add more or less Just the Gubbins® depending on how hot you like your food.